AVAILABLE POSITION: CRM Assistant
DATE: SEPTEMBER 7, 2018
The Trust for the National Mall (TNM) stewards private support to design and deliver modern and resilient solutions that will preserve the historic grounds and transform the visitor experience on the National Mall.
With 36 million annual visits, the National Mall is one of the most visited parks in the world. In partnership with the National Park Service, we have invested more than $22 million in private support and helped advocate for an additional $130 million in Federal Funds.
The National Mall carries the single biggest deferred maintenance figure of any park in the National Park system. Recognizing that Congress has not adequately supported the needed maintenance and improvements to our beloved national treasure over the past forty years, the Trust has embarked on an unprecedented partnership with the National Park Service to raise the necessary funds to accelerate activity in completing critical projects.
Trust for the National Mall is looking for a hands-on CRM Assistant who will be responsible for managing our Salesforce CRM system, including NGO Connect package for Salesforce and Pardot Marketing Automation software. The CRM Assistant will work with all members of the Trust staff, but especially with the Development and Marketing teams to support and enhance their use of the database.
The CRM Coordinator will report to the Chief Development Officer (CDO). S/he will join a dynamic and innovative team to coordinate all aspects of Donor Relationship Management, focusing on database management, training staff, and executing interactive marketing plans. The ideal candidate will have a track record in utilizing Salesforce.com and resolving technical and functional support issues.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Work with staff across the organization who use Salesforce, providing training and continued support. Work with them to improve the database to meet their needs and to streamline processes.
• Oversee day-to-day activities and operations of a customized Salesforce implementation.
• Manage data and oversee data clean-up as needed.
• Serve as front-line fundraiser for online giving, working with development and marketing leadership to plan and implement email solicitation blasts, newsletters, online donation pages, etc.
• Develop reports and dashboards for each member of the team to ensure a customized and useful database for all staff.
• Develop and maintain reports for various fundraising initiatives, past and present, for staff and leadership utilization and analysis
• Pull and format variety of donor lists for staff use and collateral, such as for sponsorship materials and annual reports
• Work with other Development team members to support various fundraising programs, such as the Women’s Leadership Committee, individual giving programs, and the annual benefit event. This may include, but is not limited to, RSVPs, registration, and other event support tasks.
• Manage vendor relationships and outside consultants related to the database and other technical aspects at the Trust.
• Restructure page layout and custom fields in Salesforce to meet new and evolving needs at the Trust.
• Manage administrative gift processing tasks and procedure. Assist in financial reconciliation for staff leadership and accounting
• Ability to multi-task and juggle several long-term projects alongside many short-term projects a necessity.
• Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 1-2 years of Salesforce NGO-Connect or NGO Starter Pack experience
• Salesforce Certification a plus
• Basic HTML a plus
• Experience integrating automated marketing solutions (like Pardot) with a CRM
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization
• Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies. Ability to handle full workload and meet deadlines
• Understanding of nonprofit organizations and fund development needs/priorities
An individual with credibility, good judgment, honesty and trust.
Able to share information openly and use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
An individual with operating knowledge of database management needs.
Well organized, with exceptional attention to detail, follow-through and deadline oriented.
Able to solve problems, work independently and excel in a high performance culture.
A team player with a positive attitude and an understanding and appreciation of stewardship and cultivation.
Collaborative, positive and proactive style; a strong public ambassador for the Trust; able to create an atmosphere charged with excitement and energy.
Highly energetic, flexible, results-oriented and able to juggle multiple priorities.
Outgoing, straightforward and self-possessed; one who shares information readily, listens as well as gives advice and respects the abilities of others.
A person with the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
The Trust for the National Mall offers a competitive compensation and benefits package plus a positive work environment, which encourages personal growth and achievement. Please visit our website at www.nationalmall.org for more information about the Trust. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.