WASHINGTON -- Pillow fighters are encouraged to gather at the Washington Monument on Saturday for International Pillow Fight Day. The annual event will be held 2-4 p.m.
The organizers of the pillow fight day say prospective pillow fighters should meet on the National Mall and on the rectangular plot of grass facing the World War 2 Memorial.
Organizers say to keep the following pillow protocol in mind:
Please note while the event has evolved over the years, it is asked that there be a "prank" aspect of the pillow fight, so try to hide pillows when arriving at the Mall. If a pillow can't be hide, come up with a clever answer as to why the pillow is being carried around (i.e. wanted to take a nap while out, it's the chic thing to do and that's why everyone else here is doing it).
- Wait until the signal to begin.
- The event is free and appropriate for all ages.
- Swing pillows lightly as the D.C. event has the most children involved.
- It is recommended that children play outside the main pillow crowd.
- Do not swing at people without pillows or with cameras.
- Remove glasses beforehand.
- Down pillows should be left at home because the less pillows burst, the easier the clean up.